JOB TITLE: Manager, Strategic Category Management
Function: IT Process Management
Family: Strategic Category Management
Job Family Summary
What Strategic Category Management contributes to Cardinal Health
The EIT organization is currently searching for a Manager, Strategic Category Management. This role will report directly to the Director, Strategic Category Management and will be responsible for managing spend across a $87M IT portfolio of Software Applications. The Manager, Strategic Category Management has broad responsibility for conducting market analysis, developing category strategies, analyzing demand, spend analytics, tracking contract compliance, and developing supplier performance metrics.
Job Family Descriptors
What is expected of you for success in your role
- Collaborate with the IT Application Owners, cultivating support and ensuring that they are supported with an appropriate functional or domain knowledge and experience;
- Work closely with Indirect Procurement / Sourcing to ensure alignment with the strategic needs of IT;
- Be involved in strategic partner negotiation;
- Work closely with a network of IT software strategic suppliers to deliver a portfolio of strategic technology products and services;
- Deliver on strategic, economic and quality goals; and
- Play a key role in Enterprise IT initiatives designed to improve Cardinal Health’s operating efficiency, cost position and customer satisfaction.
- Identifies and acts on opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Encourages prudent risk taking, exploration of alternative approaches and organizational learning.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to change through actions and words.
- Mobilizes others to support change through times of stress and uncertainty.
The ideal candidate will be a highly accountable, action-oriented with an ability to work collaboratively with multi-faceted teams within a matrixed organization.
Accountabilities in this role
- Develops IT vendor strategy and strategic plans that meet the needs of the organization.
- Incorporates into the plans business priorities, strategies, goals, emerging technologies, industry trends and economic viability.
- Value Management - Market analysis, plan (EIT engagement), supplier road map, best practice ID, innovation, and contractual productivity measurement
- Performance Management - Service delivery, service improvement plans (SIP), supplier compliance and benchmarks
- Relationship Management - Supplier strategy, supplier interaction, business alignment, supplier governance
- Develop strong relationships with strategic technology vendors and suppliers
- Develop professional relationships with key stakeholders to help refine overall vendor management strategies and ongoing vendor performance and governance
- Build and maintain effective and influential relationships within Technology / Business / Finance / Legal/ and Sourcing organizations
- Financial Management - Spend analytics, supplier financial performance management, supplier / customer satisfaction
- Close interactions with Indirect Procurement / Strategic Sourcing
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in business, information technology, finance or other relevant field demonstrating increasingly responsible related work experience.
- 10+ years in IT with industry experience
- 6+ years of experience in IT strategic sourcing, procurement, and vendor management functions; in addition, direct or indirect experience working in information technology capacity preferred.
- Expertise in Software Licensing and Contracts.
- Strong problem-solving and leadership skills
- Proven ability to build relationships and gain credibility across functions
- Experience with various sourcing and procurement tools (i.e. SAP, Emptoris, ServiceNow, vendor score carding and reporting, etc.)
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles and methodologies
- Ability to clearly communicate strategy, plans and issues across the organization
- Strong analytical and interpretive skills to recognize and comprehend complex issues, policies, regulatory requirements and industry information affecting client’s environment
- Demonstrated business and financial acumen with an analytical approach to overseeing IT categories
- Inspirational and influential leader with effective team management experiences
- Innovative, strategic and futuristic mindset
- Significant track record in the negotiation of software contracts with strategic and portfolio suppliers
- Ability to set and execute on targets; balancing short-term business needs with longer term strategies
- Strong leadership capability, executing as appropriate in the areas of responsibility
- Broad knowledge of current and emerging technologies, technology directions, and strategic application to business needs, including the ability to differentiate between a relevant trend and hype
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technology solutions in business terms, establish rapport and persuade others
: Ohio-Dublin-East Campus
: Yes, 5% of the time
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.