What Warehouse Operations contributes to Cardinal Health:
Warehouse Operations is responsible for performing/controlling a combination of manual or automated tasks necessary for the receipt, storage, and shipment of product. This may include functions of receiving, picking, packing, shipping, staging, transporting, storage, delivery, etc. Also responsible for the efficient flow of products from the point
of product receipt from vendors to the shipment of products (via prescribed service parameters) to a variety of internal and external customers.
Benefits of Working for Cardinal Health:
- Eligible to receive benefits on Day 1 of employment, including health, vision, and dental.
- 19 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) per calendar year
- 401K company match
- Great schedule: Monday-Friday, 1st shift
*Wages to commensurate with experience
What is expected of you for success in your role:
Demonstrates working knowledge or proficiency in one or more assigned areas of responsibility:
- May also require material handling equipment certification
- Accurately performs multiple operational tasks assigned to the individual
- Demonstrates basic material handling/ packaging /warehouse equipment skills
- Performs one or more warehouse operations functions within the operating guidelines of the facility
- Demonstrates effective oral communication skills
- Responsible for cross-training in multiple areas of the warehouse including inbound and outbound
- Receive large boxes on warehouse dock, scan product with RF scanner, and input product information into computer
- Break down cases of product and operate heavy equipment to replenish warehouse
- Utilize voice to pick system to pick large case items with material handling equipment or to pick small unit of measure items and place on cart
- Palletize large items to skid and wrap for shipment
- Pack small items in boxes
- Drive material handling equipment as required by job duty. Example equipment in the facility includes: order picker (cherry picker), forklift, reach truck, turret truck, pallet jack, and walkie rider
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- 1 - 2 years related experience preferred
- Previous material handling equipment experience (MHE) preferred
- Radio frequency (RF) scanner and/or voice to pick experience highly preferred
- Ability to consistently lift 50 Ibs and be able to bend, reach, stoop, lift and stand for entire shift of 8 hours or more required
- Must be able to work overtime with little to no advance notice
- Willingness to learn to operate material handling equipment and rotate into various areas of the warehouse
- Work at heights up to 25 feet consistently
- Adherence to site safety regulations including wearing required personal protective equipment such as steel toed safety shoes, and material handling equipment safety harness; accountable to Cardinal Health’s EHS as well as QRA policies and procedures.
- Aptitude to work in a fast paced distribution environment while meeting hourly established distribution quotas and performance standards
- Self-motivated with ability to work in a team-oriented environment with limited supervision and an emphasis on customer satisfaction
- Ability to comprehend and accurately process paperwork in accordance with policies and procedures
- Familiarity with Microsoft office products and general computer skills desired
- Flexibility/adaptability coupled with good multi-tasking skills
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.