Sr. Product Manager – Endo Franchise Lead
Cordis, a Cardinal Health company, is a recognized leader in providing interventional solutions for peripheral and coronary vascular disease. Cordis’ clinical customers include the interventional cardiology, interventional radiology and vascular surgery communities, and Cordis partners with hospitals and physicians to provide the best possible value to their patients
The Endovascular Franchise lead is the portfolio-level GM for this critical global product segment. In this role, you will be responsible for the upstream (R&D), new business development projects (licensing, distribution & acquisition), product launch and current portfolio lifecycle management. The endo portfolio includes a mix of FDA class II and III interventional products, including peripheral and carotid stents, PTA balloons, catheters, interventional and diagnostic wires, and a variety of novel technologies.
Competencies for the Successful Franchise Lead
- Demonstrates a clear commercial understanding of the coronary and endovascular medical device markets
- Exhibits strong project management skills and ability to drive toward aggressive timelines in a cross-functional and cross-regional environment
- Identifies market opportunities through VOC/secondary research and takes action by implementing and managing solutions and serving as commercial leader on product development teams that meet customer needs
- Identify, prioritize and translate market and customer needs into clearly defined goals, objectives, strategies, and tactics to drive sales & profitability for the business.
- Leverage cross-functional influence management to support execution towards key business priorities.
- Proactively assess global product portfolio sales trajectories and profitability, translating findings into actionable lifecycle management plans.
- Proactively identify and address gaps in market knowledge, leveraging a combination of secondary and primary market research and voice-of-the-customer (VOC) activities, Maintains an action-oriented drive toward translating insights into portfolio/ product decisions.
- Identifies market opportunities through VOC/secondary research and takes action by implementing and managing solutions that meet customer needs.
- Solid strategic marketing competency: experience building and executing product launches, marketing and business plans. Demonstrates strong financial acumen and logical decision making in the general business environment.
- Understands and can demonstrate sound thought processes as it relates to pricing, deal structure and assessing financial implications.
- Works effectively across cross functional groups including but not limited to sales, operations, clinical and R&D.
Define global and regional strategies, and drive execution of activities in the following categories:
- Portfolio health
- Portfolio profitability analysis and selective phase out
- R&D Prioritization/trade-off management
- R&D Quality reviews
- Regional marketing team engagement
- Design and execute market research
- Product readiness
- Champion key R&D programs and complete key scope and process documentation
- Guide R&D tradeoffs
- Champion business case
- Define and execute commercialization plans and product launch
- Lead commercial diligence for business development activities for the Endo portfolio
- Opportunity focus/optimism
- Champion business case across functions, present to C-level executive audience
- 10+ years work experience
- >4 years implantable devices
- >2 year interventional devices
- Experience presenting to top executives
- Experience managing product lifecycle (PIPO, upstream, launch)
- Product development process documentation
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Manages department operations and supervises professional employees, frontline supervisors and/or business support staff
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Ensures employees operate within guidelines
- Decisions have a short term impact on work processes, outcomes, and customers
- Interacts with subordinates, peer customers and suppliers at various management levels and may interact with senior management
- Interactions normally involves resolution of issues related to operations and/or projects
- Gains consensus from various parties involved
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.