What Product or Services Marketing contributes to Cardinal Health
Product or Services Marketing is responsible for defining the product/service and market strategy and life cycle management including customer need identification, market research, product or service offering, pricing, positioning, promotion, branding an
- Exhibits an ability to translate market and customer needs into clearly defined goals, objectives, strategies, and tactics to drive sales & profitability for the business. Accountable for gaining and driving cross functional support from all stakeholders
- Identifies and remains current on market trends. Determines product/service lifecycle implications and makes recommendations to maintain market competitiveness and to achieve sustainable economic success.
- Understands methods available to execute primary research (VOC) that are necessary to drive portfolio/ product decisions. Can identify market opportunities through VOC/secondary research and takes action by implementing and managing solutions that meet cu
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of marketing disciplines and concepts necessary for building a business & marketing plan
- this includes identifying the appropriate channels to market. Has the ability to understand market trends and competitive positioning an
- Demonstrates strong financial acumen and logical decision making in the general business environment. Understands and can demonstrate sound thought processes as it relates to pricing, deal structure and assessing financial implications.
- Works effectively across cross functional groups including but not limited to IT, communications, operations, and sales.
Demonstrate advanced knowledge of marketing and product management disciplines necessary for building business plans, product plans and marketing plans.
Manage the product life cycle of a portfolio of product lines from discovery and innovation, to new product planning, new product introduction, post-launch product management, and product retirement.
- Serve as a product expert for assigned product lines, providing tools and messaging for clinical and sales staff to communicate value to customers and detail features and benefits of product offering.
- Proactively gain insights into competitors, their products, pricing, unmet customer needs, and changing clinical practices through observation and interactions with customers.
- Create product related sales tools and train the field sales force to empower sales representatives to effectively sell the product portfolio.
New Product / Line Extension Development
Utilize market trends, data analysis, customer needs, and competitive insights to develop preferred product offerings for targeted segments and channels that align with growth objectives and strategies.
- Identify market opportunities through primary and secondary market research and present business case for product development and investment.
- Translate data, market trends and customer needs into clearly defined product requirements and product line strategy.
- Develop the launch, marketing, and promotions strategy for new product launches and drive growth initiatives for products post-launch.
Manage the revenue/profit for product lines or a portfolio of products.
- Demonstrate strong financial acumen and logical decision making in the general business environment. Understand and demonstrate sound thought processes as it relates to business cases, investment requests, forecasting, pricing, deal structures, and assessing strategic options.
- Work with Strategic Pricing team to make pricing decisions in line with the established pricing strategy.
- Work with Enterprise Contracting, Sales and Finance to develop strategies and tactics to pursue and capture GPO/RPC contracts and to maximize the realized benefit from won contracts within the channel and in line with the deal model.
Serve as an effective and inspirational leader within the cross-functional business team.
- Strong ability to influence and work collaboratively with cross-functional teams including sales, customer service, strategic pricing, finance, quality, regulatory, manufacturing, legal, inventory, regional or channel teams.
- Take informed risk and be biased toward action.
- Product lines – currently supporting kit and product solutions for multiple procedural areas, including:
- Gastrointestinal Lab (GI Lab)
- In addition, the role will support the legacy Presource OEM business.
- Bachelors degree in related field, or equivalent work experience, preferred.
- 8+ years experience in related field, preferred.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or models
- Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope
- Projects may have significant and long-term impact
- Provides solutions which may set precedent
- Independently determines method for completion of new projects
- Receives guidance on overall project objectives
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.