Job Number: 20012841
Location: Foxborough, MA
Date Posted: 2-18-2017
Job Title: Senior Director, Generic Sourcing ROS
We’re Red Oak Sourcing, a 50/50 stand-alone joint venture between CVS Health and Cardinal Health with responsibility for securing the generic drug portfolios for both Fortune 20 parent companies. We are a team of industry experts, strategists, and entrepreneurial thinkers working to develop innovative strategies that move pharmaceuticals to market more efficiently.
Red Oak is looking for a high-caliber Senior Director to join our team. Success in this role requires a hunger for results, a natural curiosity for finding new and better ways to tackle problems, and a desire to be part of a great cause and winning team.
The successful candidate will be equal parts analytical thinker, negotiator, and relationship builder. He or she must have the poise and executive presence required to be a leader within the largest generic pharmaceutical sourcing program in the U.S. This highly visible position will play a large role in shaping Red Oak’s position in the market, and through exposure to senior executives at both CVS Health and Cardinal Health, will help shape both companies’ pharmaceutical strategies.
The Senior Director will be responsible for optimizing Red Oak’s pharmaceutical portfolio using hard skills like decision modeling, game theory, and pricing strategy. As importantly, he or she will be a visible leader within the Sourcing team and must have the soft skills needed to manage, coach, develop, and mentor team members.
•Develop innovative purchasing programs
•Build and maintain relationships with suppliers
•Identify market opportunities and risks
•Develop and execute negotiation strategies with 140+ supplier partners
•Ensure adherence to the sourcing program
•Support resolution of supplier operational issues
•Resolve product supply issues
•Coach and develop the team
•Create and manage budgets and
· Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a quantitative or technical field (e.g., engineering, economics, finance), Masters in Business Administration preferred
· 12+ years of experience
· Strong leadership skills with ability to prioritize and deliver on multiple concurrent initiatives that have significant financial and strategic impact
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to build productive long term relationships at all levels of supplier organizations, including with senior executives
· Results driven with proven ability to perform in a fast-paced, ever changing environment
· Strong analytical and financial acumen, including comfort with budgeting and forecasting
· High level of self-confidence and sense of urgency
· Ability to maintain calm in high pressure situations
· Comfort with conflict and strong conflict resolution skills
· Ability to build and maintain strong relationships
· Ability and willingness to attend 50-75 dinners per year and to travel 4-8 weeks per year to represent Red Oak at industry conferences
· Business development exposure and interest is preferred
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply, your internet browser must be Internet Explorer Version 9 or above, FireFox, Safari or Chrome. If your current browser is Internet Explorer 8 or below, please upgrade your browser before applying