NaviHealth is a pioneer in care transitions with a combined unprecedented 16 years of experience that uniquely positions us to manage and share risk with our partners. As a Cardinal Health company, we provide clinical support alongside scaled technology and advisory solutions that empower health systems, health plans, and post acute providers to navigate care episodes across the continuum, with the goal of reducing waste and improving patient outcomes.
Why Is This Role Critical?
The Data Science Senior Analyst operates as an internal consultant, finding solutions to the most critical organizational challenges and opportunities in a fast-paced health care environment. These challenges and opportunities typically manifest as one or more of the following project types: Research and Development, Machine Learning, Structured and/or Unstructured Data Analytics, Data Visualization, Classical Statistical Analyses, Data Cleansing, and Ad Hoc Analyses. This individual will typically be responsible for one or more of the following for each project effort:
- Development of a working algorithm, prototype, and/or analytical technique using various internal and external data sources.
- Creation of reports documenting key findings, observations, outcomes, and/or recommendations.
- Facilitating coordination with key stakeholders for alignment.
- Presenting key information to decision-makers.
- Translating key technical information into practical instruction, both orally and in documented form.
What you will be accountable for…
- Translate identified business challenges or opportunities into actionable Data Science project efforts with defined scope and goals; and shepherd those projects through to completion.
- Create visual concepts / mockups that foster a shared understanding of business challenges or opportunities, communicating effectively across all organizational levels orally and in documented form.
- Join data from diverse sources using simple methods (e.g., SQL joins) and/or more complex methods (e.g., programmatically executing business rules across datasets).
- Identify trends or correlations between factors and responses using methods such as trend analysis, regression modeling, clustering, and principal components analysis.
- Conduct designed experiments to establish cause-effect relationships.
- Perform basic hypothesis tests including t-tests, ANOVA, proportions tests, chi-square tests, and logistic regressions.
- Effectively communicate the practical nature of the results of various analyses to business stakeholders using illustrations and practical language.
- Develop and document predictive models in a clear and reproducible manner.
- Collaborate and coordinate with business, IT, and engineering partners to design and develop products.
What you will need to be successful…
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Sciences, or Mathematics required with Advanced degree preferred.
- 4-6 years’ experience addressing practical business challenges in an Analytics / Data Science role.
- 1-2 years’ experience performing text analytics using Python in a non-classroom setting.
- 1-2 years’ experience with Machine Learning in a non-classroom setting.
- 1-2 years’ experience with analytical tools, particularly R, Python, and SQL – particularly with visualization and statistics packages.
- Knowledge of predictive modeling and risk modeling techniques.
- Strong written, verbal, and visual communications skills.
- Capability to execute work in an environment of dynamic requirements and scope.
- Ability to validate underlying assumptions and/or programmatically transform validated assumptions into business rules.
- Working knowledge of classical statistical / hypothesis testing techniques.
- Ability to serve as a liaison between business, clinical and IT professionals.
- Some experience with visualization tools, particularly Tableau.
- Results-oriented mentality.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Experience with other programming languages and data exchange formats (Java, C#, XML, JSON) a plus.
- Experience with big data tools and methodologies (NoSQL, MongoDB, Spark, Hadoop) a plus.
- Team-first orientation: must thrive in collaborative, team-based work environment.
- Passion for creating new products that drive significant value for our clients.
- Intellectual curiosity and creativity: thrives in developing new ideas and identifying growth opportunities.
- Strong problem-solving skills and detail orientation.
NaviHealth is a pioneer in care transitions with a combined unprecedented 16 years of experience that uniquely positions us to manage and share risk with our partners. As a Cardinal Health company, we provide clinical support alongside scaled technology and advisory solutions that empower health systems, health plans, and post acute providers to navigate care episodes across the continuum, with the goal of reducing waste and improving patient outcomes
Our first priority is those we serve.
We care about each other.
We serve our communities.
We embrace innovation.
We like simple.
naviHealth ™ is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.