Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a global, integrated healthcare services and products company connecting patients, providers, payers, pharmacists and manufacturers for integrated care coordination and better patient management. Backed by nearly 100 years of experience, with more than 40,000 employees in nearly 60 countries, Cardinal Health ranks among the top 25 on the Fortune 500.
We currently have a full-time job opening for a Senior Data Architect
Lead the Data Architecture across Cardinal Health’s large, complex and diverse data landscape. Understand Cardinal Health business and enable our business via a data architecture practice that allows business and IT to access high-quality information and insights when needed at the most efficient cost.
Lead thought within the Enterprise Architecture group and across the enterprise on data and information. Deliver future state strategy and planning including reference architectures and roadmaps. Drive innovation and adoption of new technologies that create value and competitive advantage. Create solution architectures for projects and design patterns for immediate implementation.
Works with business and IT leaders to understand the importance of information to the business processes and have the right practices, policies and disciplines in place prior to starting large projects / programs.
Accountabilities in this role:
- Produces IT strategies, reference architectures and roadmaps within the data architecture domain based on business strategy, business and IT trends, and current and future architectures.
- Effectively communicate and influence others towards moving to future state architectures.
- Improve time to market through the identification of re-useable technical assets and incorporating these into enterprise data architecture models and enterprise data architecture standards.
- Drives in-depth assessment/POC of emerging technologies to validate that the technology and architecture is appropriate for business solution needs
- Creates Enterprise data models with focus on conceptual, logical & physical modeling. Focus areas will include conceptual models in Power Designer and logical models that are converted to physical models in Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, HANA and Hadoop.
- Plays data architect role for medium to large scope projects, involving multiple systems.
- Collaborates closely with peer architects to create, socialize and manage patterns for Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, and Advanced Analytics.
- Promote collaboration and deliver quality documentation.
- 5+ years overall IT experience.
- Experience as a tech lead or Data architect is required
- Proven experience in implementing Data strategies, Data Architecture, Metadata Management or Information Management and Monitoring (Data Quality)
- Deep hands-on knowledge of more than one technology platforms/tools - Power designer, Information Management tool-SAP Information Steward, Data Platforms SAP HANA, S/4 as well as open source tools such as Hadoop, MongoDB and Cloudera, and the various tools and technologies offered with AWS (Redshift,S3, etc) as well as graph and object data bases
- Ability to provide strong strategic and technical thought leadership to the Enterprise Data Architecture team
- Significant experience leading complex data management/Architecture strategies
- Experience in the distribution or Healthcare industry and knowledge of their business practices
- Experience with involvement in application development, data architecture, system integration,
- Ability to provide architecture solutions in the following areas: analysis, design & implementation of logical data models; physical database objects; data conversion, integration, and loading processes; query and reporting functions; data management and governance;
- Ability to provide architecture solutions in traditional data landscapes & SAP packaged solutions
- Exposure to or ability to learn AWS cloud architectures/technologies is required
- Ability to handle multiple projects across business domains.
- Ability to weigh Risk & ROI against Schedule & Budget considerations and provide recommendations.
- Requires familiarity with multiple development methodologies.
- Ability/Willingness to mentor junior staff
- Proactively develops and maintains technical knowledge in specialized area(s), remaining up-to-date on current trends and best practices.
Work Environment/Local Travel :
- Would be required to work onsite with flexibility on working remotely based on manager discretion
- Travel Required ~ 10%
- Some local car driving between Cardinal Health Dublin locations is desired for some face to face meetings
- Undergraduate degree in computer science or related field.
- MBA or advanced technical degree is a major plus.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.