Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a global, integrated healthcare services and products company connecting patients, providers, payers, pharmacists and manufacturers for integrated care coordination and better patient management. Backed by nearly 100 years of experience, with more than 40,000 employees in nearly 60 countries, Cardinal Health ranks among the top 25 on the Fortune 500.
We currently have a full-time career opportunity for a Senior Cloud Architect
The role of the Senior Cloud Architect is to be the expert for Cloud technologies and how their use would be applied within Cardinal Health. This involves the research of current and emerging cloud solutions, an understanding of the competitive landscapes and technology and industry trends. With this knowledge you will be developing our future strategic direction that will be used to create highly resilient, cost effective architectures and designs. You will be the evangelist to socialize and promote our strategic direction to all levels of management and cross-functional teams that you will work with to secure the adoption of our cloud strategy.
You will also be responsible for leading exploratory projects in Cloud technologies that will be used to define and articulate deployment strategies as well as developing solution architectures for major initiatives.
This position requires a deep understanding of technologies like virtualization (across compute, storage & networking domains), application development principles (DevOps), middleware platforms, ITSM, resiliency & DR, database platforms and security. You also must be able to architect solutions for implementing business applications in SaaS, PaaS, IaaS and Serverless environments. Candidates should be self-motivated and experienced technical leaders eager to research and identify critical solutions, manage multi-disciplinary, multi-company focus teams to achieve timely and quality results.
- Interface with senior management to develop, refine, and execute the Cloud Computing strategy and roadmap.
- Manage proof of concepts, exploratory projects to identify, evaluate and eventually adopt most suitable Cloud Computing (Public Clouds, IaaS, PaaS and SaaS) model for the customer with respect to the customer’s business context.
- Research and technical analysis of competitive solutions
- Collaborate with cloud computing colleagues inside and outside the industry to define Cloud Computing adoption models, best practices, use cases, guidance documents etc.
- Work with other technical architects for migration plans encompassing infrastructure baseline, plans and road maps; application migration plans, requirements and needs; industry leading and evolving trends, techniques, products and vendors
- You will work with technical leads from infrastructure domains like Compute, Storage etc. to develop a comprehensive technical architecture to support the multi-year agenda for cloud adoption. This architecture deliverable may also include development of integrated technology stacks designed for low cost efficient delivery of cloud services.
- Should be able to plan and lead all aspects of Cloud Infrastructure projects such as Cloud Management solutions, provisioning, inventory management, CMDB, monitoring, security and backup.
- In collaboration with the Program & Project Management teams, Respective Lead Solution Architects, you will develop and drive programs to ensure the infrastructure architecture and associated product solutions are delivered to the organization and the technical and business benefits are realized.
- You will lead Technical Architecture reviews in coordination with the Lead Solution Architects and various technical architects to determine if new products and solutions comply with the agreed architecture.
- Recent experience in Architecture, Design, and Implementation of highly scalable, highly available, Cloud (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) services and solutions.
- Hands on experience in creating and deploying complex cloud infrastructure solutions in small and large environments.
- Hands on experience with some of the following service architectures: Amazon Web Services, Google Compute Platform, Azure.
- In depth knowledge of Hypervisors (e.g., VMware, Citrix Xen Server, KVM).
- Data Center architecture & design experience for large customer environments.
- Customer service experience with integration of infrastructure virtualization solutions with other platform technologies (i.e., Storage, Server, Network, Active Directory, Database, and other operating systems).
- Must have knowledge of leading compute, storage & backup solutions.
- Familiarity with networking & security solutions like routing, switching, Firewalls etc.
- Familiarity of application platforms like .Net, Java, PCF, LAMP, etc.
- Knowledge and experience with DevOps, Puppet, Chef, and other Cloud technologies.
- Familiarity with data models (UML), and web services (RESTful interfaces).
- Understanding of security standards and concepts.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.