Job Number: 20023127
Location: Dublin, OH
Date Posted: 10-9-2017
Job Title: Senior Category Manager
What Category Management contributes to Cardinal Health
Category Mangement is responsible for full P&L, sales, margin & inventory of designated retail categories. Manages and optimizes supplier relationships and product portfolio to drive financial results, increase market share and exceed customer expectations.
What is expected of you and others at this level
The Senior Category manager must oversee and drive the following across a team of category managers and associate category managers.
Cross functional collaboration that helps to deliver sales, profitability and inventory productivity goals by capitalizing on retail marketplace and shopper trends in designated categories. Manages and optimizes supplier relationships and product portfolio to drive financial results, increase market share and exceed customer expectation. evelop and deploy strategic category plans & innovative merchandising programs to deliver industry leading results. Own the category assortment planning and planogram review process. Initiate, negotiate and drive execution of category promotional plans. Maintain positive trade relations and foster key supplier relationships. Obtain category/product expertise, in-depth market and competitive intelligence and knowledge. Drive collaboration with cross functional teams including pricing, marketing, legal, QRA, planning, inventory mgmt, finance, sales & operations to meet customer expectations and achieve merchandising objectives .
* Bachelor degree in Business Administration or related field preferred
* Minimum 3 -5 years experience in related field, preferred.
* Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate effectively and interact with personnel at all levels
* Solid experience in conducting supplier negotiations and relationship management
* Results oriented, strategic thinker, able to work in a team environment and independently develop and execute plans to meet objectives.
* Experience with advanced data management and analytics
* Strong understanding and command of synidcated market data and shopper insights (ie., Nielsen/IRI data etc., )
* Working knowledge of category management principles and practices
* Strong foundation of business fundamentals, performance measurement and business financials
* Experience leading teams, supervising others, managing departmental operations and supervise large scope and complex projects to completion, preferred.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply, your internet browser must be Internet Explorer Version 9 or above, FireFox, Safari or Chrome. If your current browser is Internet Explorer 8 or below, please upgrade your browser before applying