PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Performs Private Brand data review, analysis, and calculation of all federal and state government pricing programs. Supports the documentation and submission of all mandated product and pricing data for all federal and state government pricing programs. Works cross functionally to manage pricing activities, meeting all contractual deadlines, adhering to all SOX controls, and developing effective processes to ensure all pricing is calculated, submitted, and effective in a timely manner. Responsible for resolution of apparent data discrepancies and providing relevant supporting documentation to government agencies, as needed including the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, Health and Human Services and the VA.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- A experienced professional with a understanding of government pricing and programs; responsible for accurate calculation of all statutory pricing requirements including AMP, BP, URA, ASP, Non-FAMP, FCP within the allotted timelines on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis, as required.
- Maintains working knowledge of the Medicaid Drug Rebate agreement, the Federal Supply Schedule agreement, 340b Pricing, and regulatory/legislative changes that impact pricing, contracts, and all Federal and State statutory calculations.
- Reviews /Analyzes customer government pricing class of trade, transactional data for correct classification and inclusion/exclusion the government pricing calculations and performs analysis on any fluctuations in reported pricing and provides detailed explanations regarding why a value increased or decreased.
- Collaborates with various corporate departments to resolve all source system data issues identified in the data reconciliation and validation process prior to calculations being processed
- Prepares price reports for internal and external use in a timely manner.
- Partners with Sourcing on pricing scenarios for impact on reimbursement price.
- Provides support and back up for the Manager, Government Pricing
- Recommends updates/changes to department policies/procedures to allow for continuous business process improvement. Maintains appropriate written and electronic documentation consistent with approved policy and various state and federal requirements.
- Assists the Government Pricing Reimbursement team with the review and processing of invoices.
- Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
- May escalate issues to Manager for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Reviews and complies with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Assists with various projects as assigned by a direct manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some travel may be required for this position.
- Office environment.
Bachelor’s Degree required in Business, Finance, or Accounting
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Experience in Government Pricing and Contracting preferred with a minimum of 3 years of experience in the Pharmaceutical Industry
- Attention to detail; high degree of accuracy to ensure compliance with timelines, internal policies, laws and regulations.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong Excel and Word skills are required, SAP and Business Objects strongly preferred.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Organized and very attentive to detail.
- A self-starter; ability to work independently.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, priorities and timelines.
- Ability to develop and communicate potential enhancements to operating processes and procedures.
- Ability to successfully interact with Management and customers.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.