naviHealth is the result of over a decade of dedicated visionary leaders and innovative organizations challenging the status quo for PAC management solutions. We do healthcare differently and we are changing healthcare one patient at a time. How might you ask? By hiring talented clinicians, engineers, developers, and healthcare leaders to create and utilize cutting edge technology in order to provide the patient with the best level of care for the right amount of time.
Why Is This Role Critical?
The Scrum Master is critical to our success as they are the core faciliator and servant leader to the Agile teams. We recognize that without a successful person in this area, Agile teams are seldom set up to win. The Scrum Master is a role focused on invention, execution, and improvement of processes that in turn facilitate success within the Agile teams. Scrum Masters have administrative, leadership, and coaching duties that vary with demand and urgency as the team encounters new challenges and opportunities.
What you will be accountable for….
- Facilitating an Agile process for one or more software development teams, most often Scrum.
- Owning all key ceremonies and artifacts commensurate with the Scrum Master role.
- Keeping all team operations transparent and reportable.
- Removing obstacles that negatively affect the team or the performance of the team.
- Protecting the team(s) from distractions to their Sprint Goal.
- Working with your Product Owner and other Agile Leads to ensure a successful flow of information into the team, and shippable increments flowing out.
- Work collaboratively outside of your team to ensure healthy reportability and tracking of objectives (Epics) and outcomes (Releases).
- Participating in, and occasionally assisting in facilitation of software release activities.
- Having actionable Sprint plans and ensuring their success with the team.
- Working with the Agile Leads to spread Agility and good practices across the organization in a healthy and collaborative way.
- Producing and maintaining a happy, productive, high-performing team.
- You may occasionally be asked to perform other duties as assigned.
What you will need to be successful in this role….
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in IT, Engineering, or a related field.
- 5 years of experience leading teams and projects to successful outcomes. Preference on working in the digital space.
- 2 years of experience working directly as a Scrum Master in one or more Scrum Teams.
- Servant Leadership – You build respect within your team by serving their needs, removing obstacles and impediments, and doing what is necessary for success
- Communication – You work, collaborate, and communicate effectively with all key roles in the organization. You radiate information frequently and willingly
- Influence - You assist others to make meaningful connections so that everyone involved is having the right conversations and getting the right information. You help navigate challenging situations to desirable outcomes
- Facilitation – You lead key ceremonies, and inspire leadership through good example
- Situational Awareness – You see the issues and opportunities early and often, and address them appropriately
- Continous Improvement – You grow your craft, grow your team, challenge everything around you to be the best it can be
- Empowerment – You drive yourself and your team towards a state of self-organization
- Transparency – You know that information ages poorly, and you build trust through disclosure
Role Related Skills
- Theory - You understand and can educate others on the fundamentals of iterative development
- Practice - You understand various Agile methodologies and techniques, their strengths, their differences, and how to apply them to provide value to your teams and the company
- Implementation - You understand basic fundamentals of software development processes and how to navigate issues and opportunities within a software team
- Measurement - You understand the value and own delivery of key metrics and performance artifacts for your team (sprint backlog tracking, burndown, velocity, task definition and tracking)
- Results - You understand the value of commitment to delivery made by the team and will work with them to achieve a track record of success
- CSM, CSPO, CSP, or equivalent preferred
- Having worked in a complimentary role in a software development team (e.g. - developer, quality assurance, business analyst, product owner, data analyst, etc.)
- Direct experience in methodogies other than Scrum
- Some experience in or exposure to a Scaled Agile Environment (e.g. - LeSS, SAFe, etc.)
naviHealth is a pioneer in care transitions with a combined unprecedented 16 years of experience that uniquely positions us to manage and share risk with our partners. As a Cardinal Health company, we provide clinical support alongside scaled technology and advisory solutions that empower health systems, health plans, and post acute providers to navigate care episodes across the continuum, with the goal of reducing waste and improving patient outcomes
We care about the people we serve.
We care about each other.
We care about our communities.
We embrace innovation.
We like simple.
naviHealth ™ is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.