The Product Sales Specialist is responsible for developing opportunities, selling, growing and maintaining product utilization among targeted healthcare providers and administrators. The incumbent will actively partner with distributor(s) servicing their respective geographies. The incumbent will be held accountable for learning and maintaining a standard level of job knowledge related to their responsibilities, the product(s) they promote and the disease state they are utilized in. The incumbent may be present at appropriate venues such as medical professional conferences, distributor meetings, internal company events, etc. The incumbent will represent the company in a professional manner at all times and comply with all legal and regulatory guidelines.
Territory covers: MD, VA, NC, SC, GA, FL
Applicant can reside within: MD, VA, NC, SC, GA, FL
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The incumbent is charged with performing the following duties:
- Implement sales strategies at the account and territory level.
- Develop productive, professional business relationships within institutions with all key prospective product users and purchasing influencers.
- Understand and comply with all provider institutional policies related to access and the introduction, education, evaluation, and usage of new pharmaceutical products (e.g.: formulary, vendor access).
- Understand and comply with all policies within each individual institution which govern the activities of sales representatives.
- Take responsibility for achieving defined product sales forecast.
- Takes ownership for the territory business development strategy that includes referring physician specialties, hospital/imaging centers, and authorized suppliers.
- Conduct all activities within defined expense budget, unless otherwise directed.
- Communicate frequently with Director regarding progress, accomplishments, needs, and key observations related to the product, competitive products/approaches, and market dynamics.
- Ensure that only approved and current sales materials and messages are used.
- Manage productive relationships and activities with distributors and promotional partners.
- Be very familiar with and observe all pharmacovigilance policies and procedures, and ensure that any product adverse events are reported promptly and through the appropriate channels.
- Learn, pass all assessments and maintain a standard level of knowledge related to assigned job responsibilities including product and disease state knowledge.
- Proactively identifies key issues and delivers efficient responses to business development opportunities.
- Perform other duties and activities as assigned.
This job does not have direct supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully the individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on meeting the customers’ needs; maintains confidentiality; seeks and incorporates external opinion and insight.
- Oral Communication - Speaks persuasively in positive or negative situations; actively listens and responds effectively to questions; demonstrates effective group presentation skills; and participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; adjusts writing style to meet needs of recipients; presents scientific, promotional, numerical and other analytical data effectively.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; conserves organizational resources and offers suggestions on how to accomplish individual and business goals more efficiently and effectively at lower costs.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; inspires and earns the trust of others; conducts all activities with integrity; upholds organizational values; observes all relevant laws, regulations, ethical standards and conventions.
- Organizational Support - Observes policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks consistent with company policies and on time; supports organizational goals and values; contributes to evolving culture.
- Motivation – Is results orientated; sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing - Is highly organized; prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; sets goals and objectives; develops realistic action plans; proactively checks self against objectives and modifies as needed.
- Dependability - Follows instructions and responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; honors commitments; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work and how to improve patients’ lives
- Bachelors degree preferred in marketing, business, health science, or other related field is required
- Hunter and tenacious personality
- Nuclear Medicine background highly preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of proven successful and higher level pharmaceutical sales experience or equivalent sales experience. Experience in oncology and/or the field of diagnostic imaging is desirable.
- Ability to travel
- The position requires the ability to access and communicate effectively and persuasively with high level medical professionals, such as physicians, surgeons and department managers. Very frequent domestic travel is required (up to 75% depending on assigned geography).
- Proven product and extensive clinical knowledge in business area
- Valid driver's license
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or models
- Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope
- Projects may have significant and long-term impact
- Provides solutions which may set precedent
- Independently determines method for completion of new projects
- Receives guidance on overall project objectives
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.