What Production Operation contributes to Cardinal Health
Operates light-duty bench- or floor-type machine tools and automation equipment. May set up machining machines and make adjustments, and perform maintenance on machines. Checks work using prescribed gauges, jigs and fixtures to measure close tolerances. Some machines may be numerically controlled. May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
- Must observe all safety precautions and regulations at all times in all areas where duties are performed. Will be responsible for reporting all safety hazards and potential unsafe working conditions. Must utilize the safety card program and actively participate in safety meetings.
- Must understand and comply with all current plant policies and procedures.
- Will order all material necessary to manufacture and package the appropriate product
- Will load and change raw materials
- Will troubleshoot and maintain the machine
- Will clean the machine and the immediate area as well as keep equipment and materials neat and orderly and in their proper place
- Will perform and document quality and processing audits
- Will initiate, maintain and complete all required paperwork for this position
- Will update BPCS with production and downtime data as required
- Will be required to conduct inspections such as unlabeled containers and guarding, quality controls, cycle counts, etc.
- Must meet production and quality standards on a consistent basis
- Must posses ambition and make suggestions for improvement
- Must have good interpersonal/leadership skills and be able to interface with all departments and associate levels
- Must have good teamwork skills and be able to interface with all crew members and relief personnel and work toward resolving conflict congenially. Make an extra effort to deal with coworkers and supervisors on a mature and positive basis.
- Must have flexibility to accept additional duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Must be able to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to perform work efficiently and effectively under short notice.
- Must be capable of lifting up to 50 pounds of various sizes and shapes.
- Must be capable of standing or sitting for extended periods of time.
- Must be capable of pulling and pushing a loaded cart with up to 50 pounds of force.
- Must be able to climb on ladders or other authorized equipment for cleaning.
- Must be willing to work off-shifts, overtime and weekends as necessary for business needs.
- Willingness to travel since some travel may be required for training purposes.
- Normal working hours depending on the shift you are assigned are:
1st shift 8am to 4pm
2nd shift 4pm to 12am
3rd shift 12am to 8am
High School Diploma or GED
One to 3 years manufacturing environment experience preferred.
Must have the WorkKeys assessment of at least a 4 on Applied Math, 4 on Reading For Information, 4 for Locating Information and 35 on Mechanical Reasoning through Piedmont Technical College.
Must be able to speak, read and write the English language
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies basic skills and techniques to complete routine tasks within assigned area
- Maintains appropriate licenses, training and certifications
- Works on basic and routine assignments
- Works within clearly defined Standard Operating Procedures and/or scientific methods
- Adheres to all quality guidelines
- Works under close supervision. All work is reviewed for accuracy
- Any deviations from the norm are approved by the supervisor before proceeding
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.