What Operations Management contributes to Cardinal Health
Operations Management is responsible for strategic oversight and leadership direction within the Operations function
What is expected of you and others at this level in Operations for functional success
- Manages professional employees and/or supervisors; may manage business support, technical or production staff
- Has accountability for managing financial resources
- Provides technical guidance to employees
- Develops processes and procedures to implement functional strategies
- Has in-depth expertise in own job family and knowledge of the related job families
- Applies expertise to improve effectiveness and provide guidance to employees in own area
- Makes decisions, often difficult and/or unpopular, that impact the work of subordinates within job family; influences subordinates to support decision by presenting rationale/business case
- Role models Cardinal Health's high ethical standards and code of conduct
- Recognizes development needs and capability gaps in own area and arranges specific projects/assignments to address needs
- Proactively identifies talent internally and externally, including participation in succession planning process for job family
- Cascades organizational goals through the function/work area to the individual level and ensures individuals understand how they can contribute
- Builds confidence and respect of others through a positive and energizing style
- Accepts responsibility for establishing goals and achieving results within own job family, holding self and others accountable for results
- Manages budget for own area and allocates resources accordingly, applying knowledge of profit drivers within own area/job family
- Interprets internal/external business issues and adapts work priorities in own area
- Assists in the definition of strategic plans for own work team/job family or key product(s)/service(s)
- Works with customers to anticipate and interpret customer needs and business challenges
- Identifies quality and service-oriented customer solutions and shares key learnings with others
- Resolves operational problems that impact the effectiveness of own area
- Encourages subordinates to strive for operational excellence by continually challenging old methods or ways of thinking and taking responsible risks to maximize results; serves as a role model in innovative thinking and in focusing on quality within work
- Works collaboratively with internal/external groups to achieve business results, integrating the diverse perspectives of individuals of different backgrounds; coaches others in the dynamics of effective teamwork
- Effectively solicits and explains difficult concepts and persuades others to adopt a point of view; states own point of view
• Manages staff to ensure timely distribution and receipt of product while meeting distribution center standards of budget, policies, procedures, and quality.
• Monitors warehouse productivity, adheres to budget requirements, works towards obtaining distribution center programs and coordinating all necessary repairs.
• Recommends and implements programs, policies, and strategies to increase production and efficient space utilization within the facility.
• Implements and administers all policies and procedures.
• Ensures quality service is provided to the customers, ensures prompt follow-through on customer correspondence related to shipment of merchandise and stock-on-hand.
• Handles general employee inquiries and resolves concerns.
• Responsible for supervisory and employee population development, training, coaching, counseling and performance appraisals.
• Prepares and submits daily and weekly production reports.
• Maintains positive employee relations.
• High school diploma required; degree preferred
• 3-5 years of experience required
• 3+ years of supervisory/management skills
• Strong communication skills
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.