SUMMARY OF POSITION: The Skilled Trades, Machinist shall demonstrate the ability to plan, setup and operate precision machine tools to include lathes, milling machine, surface grinders, drill presses, saws and other related shop equipment. This person shall also demonstrate the ability to work from complicated blueprints and drawings to implement designs accurately and be proficient in welding a variety of metals.
- Observe all safety precautions and regulations at all times in all areas where duties are performed.
- Responsible for correcting and/or reporting all safety hazards and potential unsafe working conditions.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of all current plant policies and procedures.
- Must understand and comply with all current plant policies and procedures.
- Must attend at least two (2) monthly Plant Safety Meetings per year.
- Must be able to read, understand, and fabricate from mechanical detail, assembly, and layout drawings.
- Must posses demonstrated skill in documentation of engineered drawings to “as built” conditions to project engineering and/or engineering drafter.
- Must posses demonstrated skill in using calipers, micrometers, and other measuring devices in the production of mechanical parts from existing components.
- Must posses demonstrated skill in milling, turning, welding, and other machining and fabrication methods.
- Must posses demonstrated skill in disassembly and assembly of complex mechanical systems including fabricated parts, precision components (bearings, cylinders, power transmission components, etc), and fasteners.
- Will support production for an extended period of time after the startup of a new component or production line.
- Must posses demonstrated writing skills in the communication of equipment condition, changes, and reports.
- Must be able to communicate potential project ideas to engineering department personnel in the areas of safety, equipment improvements, and process improvements.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC/NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
- Must have good interpersonal/leadership skills and be able to interface with all departments.
- Must have the ability to work directly and communicate with production personnel, machinists, mechanics, engineers, vendors, and plant management.
- Must have good teamwork skills and be able to interface with all crew members and relief personnel.
- Flexibility to accept additional duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Must be able to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment.
- Must be capable of lifting up to 50 lbs. of various sizes and shapes without assistance.
- Must be capable of pushing up to 200 lbs. on a cart.
- Must attain a license in operating a forklift for the purpose of moving equipment and heavy parts
- Working environment consist of machine shop and production areas.
- Must be willing to work off-shifts, overtime and weekends as necessary for business needs.
- Must be willing to travel occasionally as business and project needs arise.
- Normal working hours depending on the shift you are assigned are:
2nd Shift 4pm to 12am
High School Diploma or GED, Associate Degree preferred.
Completed 2 years Machine Tool Certification Program or three to five years of industrial experience as a machinist.
Must have Workkeys assessment scores in Math (4) Reading (4), Locating Information (4), Mechanical Reasoning (45) and Applied Technology (4). Must have a minimum score of 60 on the Mechanical Standard Timing Model. Experience in engineering terms and technical language.
Must be able to speak, read and write the English language
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.