Job Number: 20017463
Location: Obetz, OH
Date Posted: 7-22-2017
Job Title: Lead Associate, Warehouse Operations (Second Shift - ValueLink)
What Warehouse Operations contributes to Cardinal Health
Warehouse Operations is responsible for performing/controlling a combination of manual or automated tasks necessary for the receipt, storage, and shipment of product. This may include functions of receiving, picking, packing, shipping, staging, transporting, storage, delivery, etc. Also responsible for the efficient flow of products from the point of product receipt from vendors to the shipment of products (via prescribed service parameters) to a variety of internal and external customers.
• Training new employees on company and departmental procedures as appropriate
• Ensuring that safety, productivity and quality standards are met
• Coordinating housekeeping, inventory control, and complying with all QRA and safety requirements
• Directly supporting employees in the distribution center in all functions, including:
• Unloading trucks by hand and with the use of material handling equipment
• Accurately breaking down and stocking freight in accordance with QRA standards and local procedures
• Order processing (accurately picking, checking, sorting, consolidating freight, wrapping pallets, packing, and loading products)
• High School Diploma or GED required. College degree completed or in process is preferred.
• 4+ years work experience preferred; Prior distribution center experience preferred.
• Independent self-starter with a drive to succeed and a strong emphasis on results with ability to motivate others and significantly contribute in a team environment to accomplish goals.
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational and follow up skills in addition to analytical skills and problem solving skills strongly preferred.
• Computer experience using Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, and Word). AIMS, ECC, WIL, ADI experience is strongly preferred.
• Ability to work in a position that requires prolonged standing, frequent bending, stooping, and reaching with ability to lift up to 75 pounds on a regular basis.
What is expected of you and others at this level
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply, your internet browser must be Internet Explorer Version 9 or above, FireFox, Safari or Chrome. If your current browser is Internet Explorer 8 or below, please upgrade your browser before applying