What Assembly contributes to Cardinal Health
Performs a variety of tasks ranging from repetitive to non-repetitive production to put together component parts to make assemblies, sub-assemblies or completed units, using standard operating procedures. May conduct quality inspections on processing line in accordance with quality specifications.
- Must observe all safety precautions and regulations at all times in all areas where duties are performed. Responsible for reporting all safety hazards and potential unsafe working conditions to the Receiving Supervisor.
- Must understand and comply with all current plant policies and procedures.
- Will work with Production Supervisors to resolve all issues.
- Will work closely with Receiving Supervisor daily so as to accomplish projects and inventory issues beyond the normal workload.
- Assign material handlers to their daily duties on the Receiving dock as well as in the production areas.
- Must ensure the security of facility by addressing unauthorized personnel in the facility and ensure only authorized assets are removed from the facility.
- Must maintain good housekeeping throughout the facility, to include the outside areas.
- Will make suggestions for continuous improvement.
- Must meet and/or exceed productivity standards by completing evaluations of warehouse techniques/processes.
- Will give continuous and on-going feedback/updates to the Receiving Supervisor for all issues.
- Must complete all required paperwork in regards to raw materials received.
- Must provides assistance to Purchasing and Planning Dept. on scheduling in raw materials
- Must prepare and coordinate with shipping raw materials to be returned.
- Will operate hand and power equipment necessary to handle materials properly.
- Must coordinate the delivery appointment times of carriers
- Must enter BPCS transactions as required.
- Must provide hands on training for Fork Lift licenses throughout the plant
- Must be able to temporarily manage the department if the Receiving Supervisor is out.
- Will serve as a backup to the Inventory Specialist
- Must assure MRO items are promptly delivered to the Mechanical Stores warehouse
- Must possess ambition and make suggestions for improvement
- Must have good interpersonal/leadership skills and be able to interface with all departments and associate levels
- Must have good teamwork skills and be able to interface with all crewmembers and relief personnel and work toward resolving conflict congenially. Make an extra effort to deal with coworkers and supervisors on a mature and positive basis.
- Must have flexibility to accept additional duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Must be able to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to perform work efficiently and effectively under short notice.
- Must be able to carrying and/or lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to push and/or pull up to 10 pounds.
- Must be able to work in adverse climatic conditions depending on the severity of the winter and summer temperatures.
- Must be willing to work off-shifts, overtime and weekends as necessary for business needs.
- Willingness to travel since some travel may be required for training purposes.
- Must be able to withstand the fatigue associated with the constant noise and vibration inherent in lift equipment.
Normal working hours are:
1st shift 7am to 4pm
High School diploma or GED
Two years or more of shipping, receiving, or other warehouse lead experience
Must have good mathematical and computer skills (BPCS experience)
Must possess good written and verbal communication skills
Must have a WorkKeys assessment of at least a 4 on Applied Math, 4 on Reading For Information and 4 for Locating Information through Piedmont Technical College.
Must be able to speak, read and write the English language
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies acquired knowledge and skills to complete standard tasks
- Readily learns and applies new information and methods to work in assigned area
- Maintains appropriate licenses, training and certifications
- Works on routine assignments that require some problem resolution
- Works within clearly defined standard operating procedures and/or scientific methods
- Adheres to all quality guidelines
- Works under moderate degree of supervision
- Work typically involves regular review of output by work lead or supervisor
- Refers complex unusual problems to supervisor
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.