- Develop equipment layouts, work cells, material flow, focus storage and work standards.
- Provide cost information for product/process changes, new products and cost savings/avoidance initiatives.
- Manage plant cost reduction Hopper via Sharepoint. Drive projects and assist others to complete projects to meet annual cost reduction targets and MPE.
- Champion LEAN deployment, COS deployment, and other continuous improvement programs within the MOS framework.
- Supports QIP and QBWM initiatives.
- Implement systems to minimize non-value added administrative work.
- Lead process improvement projects to reduce waste.
- Develop various cost analysis for budgetary and management decisions.
- Perform financial and time study calculations accurately.
- Maintain and update labor standards database.
- Interact with Accounting, Manufacturing, and Maintenance Departments to achieve goals and objectives.
- Manage various responsibilities simultaneously and successfully meet deadlines.
- Express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications.
- Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) is a major cornerstone of this Company’s beliefs. Working safely and protecting the environment are an essential part of an employee’s job performance and all employees are responsible for adhering to plant EHS policies/procedures, report hazardous conditions or risks follow department EHS rules, PPE requirements, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), ISO 13485 regulations and Good Housekeeping procedures. All employees shall operate in a manner that protects the health and safety of its employees/visitors and operate in a manner that conserves energy, natural resources and protects the environment. In addition, all safety related incidents, no matter how slight, must be reported immediately.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC/NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Communicate effectively to all levels of the business to update project status and recommendations.
- Utilize Project Management skills and techniques to effectively implement projects.
- Utilize problem solving and decision analysis skills.
- Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
Education required/ preferred: Four year technical degree from an accredited college or university. BS in Industrial Engineering preferred.
Experience: Two to four years of related experience in a manufacturing facility.
Required Computer Skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Access
Preferred Computer Skills: SQL, Minitab, BPCS, Maximo and CAD
Skills/Competencies: Time studies, methods improvements, equipment layouts, work station designs
Other Skills: LEAN Certification and/or Green Belt Certification preferred but not required.
- Supports a 220,000 sq. ft. facility having 180 employees and three production shifts.
- Works frequently with machine operators, maintenance personnel, production supervision, quality assurance technicians and engineers, project and industrial engineering, and outside contractors.
- Supports a $1.5 MM Cost Reduction Program and a $1.5-2.5MM annual capital project program.
- Occasional overtime is required.
- Occasional travel is required, <10%.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.