Job Number: 20018203
Location: Augusta, GA
Date Posted: 9-2-2017
Job Title: Electrical Specialist - 3rd Shift
Job Title- Electrical Specialist
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
In the safest and most efficient manner possible maintain and support all electrical equipment as it relates to facility and production in the safest and most efficient manner possible within the assigned focus factory. Responsible for the development of the software of various PLC’s and motor control devices. Perform electrical installations as well as troubleshoot, repair and maintain various complex electronic systems and devices used in automated production equipment
• Understand and comply with all current plant policies and procedures.
• Repair, maintain, and install a wide variety of electrical and electronic equipment used to support the building and the factory with and/or without assistance and/or direction from others.
• Maintain a safe, clean and organized work environment. Support plant 5s and Safety initiatives.
• Lead development of procedures and implementation of systems to improve processing activities.
• Assist with line troubleshooting activities and identification of root cause, corrective actions.
• Accountable for department’s process and mechanical reliability. Identify key barriers to improved machine reliability.
• Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair electrical and electronic systems on complex production equipment. After completing, test and make necessary adjustments for proper operation before turning machine over to production.
• Will layout and install new equipment, modifications, or upgrades. This includes conducting/ assisting with validation protocol
• Work from verbal and/or written instructions, work orders.
• Utilize manuals, tables, and schematic drawings to perform job duties.
• Install , repair, and replace temperature controls, solid state controls, programmable logic controllers, HMI’s, MMI’s, position sensors, servo systems, AC and DC electrical motors and motor controllers, transformers, disconnects, and distribution panels
• Use a variety of electrical diagnostic equipment to include oscilloscopes, meggers, digital and analog volt/ohm meters, ammeters, tachometers, computers and other test equipment specific to an area.
• Draw sketches to clarify design details and functional criteria of electronic units. Use CAD System for development of schematics. Assemble experimental circuitry (breadboard) or complete prototype model according to engineering instructions, technical manuals, and knowledge of electronic systems and components and their functions. Recommend changes in circuitry or installation specifications to simplify assembly and maintenance.
• Apply electronic theory, principles of electrical circuits, electrical testing procedures, engineering mathematics, physics, and related subjects to layout, build, test, troubleshoot, repair and modify developmental and production electronic equipment.
• Maintain necessary records to include maintenance logs, time sheets, downtime logs, etc. using software packages such as Microsoft Word and/or Excel
• Responsible for adhering to plant policies/procedures, department EHS rules, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), ISO 13485 regulations and Good Housekeeping procedures.
• Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) is a major cornerstone of this Company’s beliefs. Working safely and protecting the environment are an essential part of an employee’s job performance and all employees are responsible for adhering to plant EHS policies/procedures, report hazardous conditions or risks follow department EHS rules, PPE requirements, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), ISO 13485 regulations and Good Housekeeping procedures. All employees shall operate in a manner that protects the health and safety of its employees/visitors and operate in a manner that conserves energy, natural resources and protects the environment. In addition, all safety related incidents, no matter how slight, must be reported immediately.
Skills/ Competencies: Possess basic knowledge of PC networking systems and Windows XP/2000 Operating systems. Use Microsoft office products (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Possess basic understanding of mechanical processes and equipment.
Ability to utilize mathematics and calculations as it applies to process parameters and machine functionality. Interpret written instructions and mechanical/electrical schematics.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply, your internet browser must be Internet Explorer Version 9 or above, FireFox, Safari or Chrome. If your current browser is Internet Explorer 8 or below, please upgrade your browser before applying