Department Overview: At Cardinal Health, the marketing organization is the central hub of business driving activity. Marketing takes the lead on all aspects of the marketing mix – product, price, place, people and promotion. Marketing analyzes customer behavior to understand their needs, and motivations, broadly defines and communicates the brand purpose and passionately delivers total solutions for our customers.
Role Overview: Digital Marketing & Ecommerce is responsible for leveraging digital technologies, data, and analytics to develop and execute programs including website operations, optimization, campaign management, and online merchandising to increase customer engagement, generate / nurture leads, and increase sales while improving customer experience, loyalty, and share of wallet on Cardinal Health’s multi-billion dollar Ecommerce platform.
Specific Duties, Activities, and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for leading a sizable Digital Marketing & Ecommerce team which includes Client Services, Web Operations & Production, Advanced Analytics, and Search Optimization/Marketing along with directing EIT Solution Development.
- Demonstrates strong financial acumen and P&L management.
- Work closely with various lines of business and stakeholders to develop and implement strategies to engage customers and increase revenue (i.e. Cross-sells, Up-sells, Promotions, Spot Lights, Landing Pages)
- Drive prioritization of promotional tactics, campaigns, and strategies to achieve business objectives and optimize profitability through Ecommerce platform in collaboration with business stakeholders and product solution owners.
- Exhibit strong organizational and influencing capabilities in matrix organizations. Demonstrate strong leadership, interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
- Adept at handling multiple complex projects and requests simultaneously under pressure to meet tight deadlines; detail-oriented with excellent follow-up, budgeting, organization and time management skills
- Utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple customer channels, segments, and customer touch points based upon customer interactions and buying behavior.
- Oversee campaign results analysis and actionable recommendations for improved performance and customer engagement to include on-site A/B and multivariate testing.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge and understanding of web design and usability, SEO, branding, marketing, network systems and IT infrastructure for support, maintenance and planning purposes to enable development of processes and procedures to implement functional commerce strategies.
- Demonstrate ability to develop and track strategic metrics to measure effectiveness and impact.
- Recognize unnecessary workflow steps and identify synergies among processes to improve productivity; eliminate non-value added tasks.
- Demonstrate knowledge of web analytics and product research best practices to optimize the customer's discovery and selection of products, services, and solutions.
Key Position Requirements:
- Capable of leading a team and developing teammates
- Capable of managing and executing multiple tasks
- Positive interpersonal skills
- Well developed problem solving capabilities
- A high level of energy and initiative and the ability to set and meet deadlines
- Willing to perform some travel
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Ecommerce, Digital Marketing, Marketing or a related field required
- Minimum 3 years of digital commerce marketing required
- MBA preferred
- Experience managing and leading people leaders required
- Web analytics software experience preferred
- Web content management experience preferred
- HTML experience optional
- A/B testing background preferred
- SQL knowledge preferred
- Expert leadership and team building skills
- Strong marketing knowledge and communication skills
- Expert analytical, problem solving and planning skills
- Strong data analysis skills
- Ability to build collaborative relationships
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.