Job Number: 20015574
Location: Milpitas, CA
Date Posted: 5-8-2017
Job Title: Clinical Scientist II
Job Profile and Summary:
The Medical Affairs Department is responsible for post-launch data acquisition, analysis, and dissemination. The mission of Medical Affairs is to transform data into practical insights, improve real-world risk assessment and medical decisions, and create value to patients and physicians. Additionally, Medical Affairs integrates data, medical practice, and compliance with regulatory requirements.
The Clinical Research Scientist (II) is a member of the Cordis Medical Affairs team. The candidate will be responsible for key activities within the Medical Information Center, Relationship Management, and Grant Support. The candidate will act (in part) as a Medical Science Liaison to coordinate medical information and responses, follow processes, and develop contents. The candidate is accountable for responding to internal and external clients. Additionally, the candidate will participate in the preparation and review of clinical evidence reports, observe and enforce applicable regulations (e.g. legal, regulatory, compliance) with flawless ethical conduct. Finally, the candidate will participate in cross-functional activities.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
1. Ensures a general clinical approach with highest ethical and compliance standards in which patient safety and data accuracy are put first and considered as the highest goods.
2. Participates in various communication activities of the Medical Affairs department with internal and external customers (Relationship Management).
3. Participates the development and availability of contents relevant to Medical Affairs (evidence reports, teaching material, patient letters, summaries, etc).
4. Coordinates and participates in Medical Information Center activities (device inquiry responses)
5. Participates in the grant processes; including grant applications, facilitate grant analysis and execute decisions by grant committee, and assure accurate and timely close-out of the grant process
6. Establishes and maintains good and effective working relationships with the Company’s WW Medical Director, clinicians, scientists, core-labs, clinical consultants, and internal clients.
7. Participate in budget activities, and interfaces with internal/external clients, as necessary, to ensure timely and accurate accruals
8. Supports the creation of scientific publications and presentations by implementing publication policy, coordinating with medical writers, providing clinical data and logistic support including investigator communication.
9. Shares accountability with others for a positive team spirit that is characterized by mutual support, understanding, encouragement, and an active exchange of new ideas.
10. Contributes to the creation and revision of regulatory annual reports (ARs) and clinical evaluation reports (CERs).
1. Expert knowledge of patient care and cardiovascular procedures
2. Operational processes, project management skills.
3. Knowledge of healthcare ethics and compliance regulations
1. Oral and written communication skills to various audiences. Effective writing for various reports and purposes
2. Maintain professional and scientific integrity
3. Strong work ethics and commitment to serve internal and external clients.
4. Energy, focus, motivation, debate-friendly, and good interpersonal skills
5. Open and honest approach to scientific debates and constant evaluation.
6. Team player, “can-do” attitude
7. Ability and desire to develop good working relationship internally and externally
Advanced nursing degree, Ph.D., PharmD, MD preferred
Minimum Requirement: BS or equivalent in health-related discipline (e.g. RN, PA, LPN)
Computer skills (including personal computers, and business software) required.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply, your internet browser must be Internet Explorer Version 9 or above, FireFox, Safari or Chrome. If your current browser is Internet Explorer 8 or below, please upgrade your browser before applying