naviHealth is the result of over a decade of dedicated visionary leaders and innovative organizations challenging the status quo for PAC management solutions. We do healthcare differently and we are changing healthcare one patient at a time. How might you ask? By hiring talented clinicians, engineers, developers, and healthcare leaders to create and utilize cutting edge technology to provide the patient with the best level of care for the right amount of time.
Why this role is critical…
With a passion for building new businesses, technology, and teams, the Chief Technology Officer will be a key naviHealth leader responsible for ensuring the company’s technology strategy serves its business strategy. The CTO will be accountable for managing the product development and technology innovation process inside the organization by identifying high-impact strategies and business opportunities to then execute on the development of new capabilities, new business models and new products. The CTO will lead the engineering organization (a team of software and system engineers) by developing objectives and driving overall technology plans, including but not limited to tactical execution of the company’s product roadmap. The CTO will be responsible for building and leading agile development teams while guiding overall development throughput and technology strategy. The ideal candidate will thrive in an open, fast-paced growth environment with work that spans from high-level strategy to deep execution detail. As a leader within naviHealth, you will champion and foster a collaborative corporate culture by bringing a unique combination of startup-like resourcefulness, technical expertise, and seasoned executive level strategic experience that allows you to contribute at the highest level of the organization.
- The CTO is responsible for all company-wide software engineering teams across technology product lines. This includes SAAS products sold to health care providers (acute and post-acute) and health plans, as well as internal care management tool operations.
- The CTO will assist in developing the vision and road map to execute current and future company goals and objectives to provide the best technology in the appropriate market segments while effectively consolidating technology products acquired through M & A activities.
Strategy and Market
- Establish the company’s technical vision and lead all aspects of the company’s technological development in a manner that supports short and long term business needs
- Work collaboratively with the Product team to develop new products, product enhancements, and product redesign for the organization
- Take a solution oriented approach to product development, looking at all alternatives and proposing options to determine the best solution for the organization. Balance perfection with effectiveness
- Apply a deep understanding of and passion for SaaS, its architecture, infrastructure, development techniques and related best practices
- Monitor and assess technologies, tools and methodologies relevant to naviHealth’s mission and customer SLAs; stay up-to-date on leading edge technologies and make determinations on the probability of implementation to ensure continued delivery of best-in-class solutions that meet market needs
- Act as a passionate and articulate client-facing proponent of the naviHealth business and technology strategy
- Provide reliable technical assessment and due diligence of potential partners and acquisitions
- Develop software products, including front end/backend development, architecture, quality, the development process, and release management
- Oversee and direct activities of engineering departments to attain maximum efficiency in the design and production of technology products and ensure that products are developed on schedule, meet quality standards, cost objectives and market demands
- Oversee platform selection(s) for and technical design of products and architecture
- Maximize technological capabilities to create new products and services; develop and implement the company’s product development policies, objectives, and initiatives
- Work closely with Product team to ensure naviHealth’s products are highly competitive; optimize development throughput with consistently high visibility, reliability, specifications, performance, and security
- Oversee and manage the financial performance of the technology groups and technology infrastructure within naviHealth; understand and articulate the role of development in the financial performance of the products
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, software development best practices, industry trends, emerging technologies, compliance regulations, security protocols, and, particularly in the areas salient to our solutions; ensure that technology standards and best practices are maintained organization-wide.
- Lead a multi-function, multi-geography engineering team; build a world-class engineering organization by instituting best practices and aligning processes and capabilities across locations
- Work collaboratively with other executive team members and provide input into strategic planning
- Manage the staffing policies and processes for the teams reporting to you, including the recruitment, retention, and development of top product and technology talent
- Develop and refine team metrics and key performance indicators; plan and achieve quarterly and annual metrics and goals; report on progress to the executive team, board of directors, and company
- Coordinate with Product leadership and team members to ensure product requirements are appropriately defined and priorities are clear (at the enterprise and individual product level); provide visibility into the development roadmap, sprints, throughput, expected timelines, etc.
- Share knowledge, mentor and educate the organization’s management, staff and stakeholders with regards to the company’s technological vision, opportunities and challenges.
- Develop deep and strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree required (prefer computer science or related field), Master’s degree desired
- 10 + years’ experience building new products and services, preferably commercialized, multi-tenant SaaS products
- 12 + years’ experience in technology and engineering
- Outstanding management capabilities, including ability to build and lead a highly effective team across geographic locations
- Experience working with scaled agile methods and technology – i.e. – C# and/or Java
- Proven ability to manage software engineering teams of 150+ resources including off shore resources
- Experience with business process development, governance processes, budgeting and administrative operations
- Ability to balance high-level identification of innovation opportunities with oversight of technical development processes
- Demonstrated technical and business aptitude that allows you to understand, translate, and guide discussions and decisions at a strategic enterprise level as well as at a detailed execution level
- Passion for creating new products that drive significant value for our clients
- Proven successful experience in and implementation of an Agile/Post-Agile development environment
- Experience managing in-house development staff and lead relationships with external developers
- Experience managing and protecting intellectual property
- Comfortable building and leading relationships with key customers
- Ability to influence and work with many internal stakeholders
- Strong problem solving, conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to convey detailed and complicated messages to varied audiences, including the ability to communicate technically and non-technically with ability to translate between the two.
NaviHealth is a pioneer in care transitions with a combined unprecedented 16 years of experience that uniquely positions us to manage and share risk with our partners. As a Cardinal Health company, we provide clinical support alongside scaled technology and advisory solutions that empower health systems, health plans, and post acute providers to navigate care episodes across the continuum, with the goal of reducing waste and improving patient outcomes
naviHealth ™ is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.