What Warehouse Operations contributes to Cardinal Health
Warehouse Operations is responsible for performing/controlling a combination of manual or automated tasks necessary for the receipt, storage, and shipment of product. This may include functions of receiving, picking, packing, shipping, staging, transporting, storage, delivery, etc. Also responsible for the efficient flow of products from the point of product receipt from vendors to the shipment of products (via prescribed service parameters) to a variety of internal and external customers.
- Must observe all safety precautions and regulations at all times in all areas where duties are performed. Will be responsible for reporting all safety hazards and potential unsafe working conditions.
- Must understand and comply with all current plant policies and procedures.
- Unloads pallets of finished goods from the Prontow or Robot, following required procedures. Ensures all merchandise is shrink-wrapped and completes the wrapping process as required.
- Locates shrink-wrapped pallets of merchandise to the appropriate storage location.
- Monitors and adjusts the Robot operations as necessary to ensure that finished goods are properly stacked for storage.
- Picks and stages the correct number of cases / pallets of finished goods from storage locations to the assigned loading docks.
- Checks the number of cases / pallets staged at assigned docks to determine if the quantity is accurate.
- Loads pallets of finished goods onto outbound trailers as required.
- Works in Logistics Receiving area unloading trailers by hand.
- Changes batteries or propane fuel tanks as required following all safety procedures.
- Cleans assigned lift equipment as necessary and keeps work area clean and orderly.
- Communicates daily with Lead / Supervisor regarding all work related or safety issues.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to interface with all departments and associates.
- Must have good teamwork skills and be able to interface with all crew members and relief personnel and work toward resolving conflict congenially. Make an extra effort to deal with coworkers and supervisors on a mature and positive basis.
- Must have flexibility to accept additional duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Willingness to travel since some travel may be required for training purposes.
- Must follow all Distribution Center safety rules in accordance with Safe Operating Practices and OSHA Standards.
- Must consider the safety of all pedestrian traffic at all times when operating lift equipment.
- Must be able to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to perform work efficiently and effectively under short notice.
- Required to stoop, bend and walk constantly and physically capable of lifting up to 50 pounds as required. moderate lifting as required.
- Must be able to work in adverse climatic conditions depending on the severity of the winter and summer temperatures.
- Must be able to withstand the fatigue associated with the constant noise and vibration inherent in lift equipment.
- Must be willing to work off-shifts, overtime and weekends as necessary for business needs.
- Some travel may be required.
- Normal working hours depending on the shift you are assigned are:
1st shift 8a to 4p
2nd shift 4p to 12a
3rd shift 12a to 8a
High School diploma or GED
Must have passed Forklift/Safety Training Course and be a licensed Lift Truck Operator with one year’s experience preferred.
Must have legible handwriting and be able to perform math tasks. Must be able to work without close supervision and be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Must have the WorkKeys assessment of at least a 4 on Applied Math, 4 on Reading For Information and 4 for Locating Information through Piedmont Technical College.
Must possess good written and verbal skills. Must be able to speak, read and write the English Language and be able to key data utilizing a hand held scanner / keypad.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies acquired knowledge and skills to complete standard tasks
- Readily learns and applies new information and methods to work in assigned area
- Maintains appropriate licenses, training and certifications
- Works on routine assignments that require some problem resolution
- Works within clearly defined standard operating procedures and/or scientific methods
- Adheres to all quality guidelines
- Works under moderate degree of supervision
- Work typically involves regular review of output by work lead or supervisor
- Refers complex unusual problems to supervisor
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.