Family: Manufacturing Planning – Manufacturing planning is responsible for the forecasting, planning and scheduling of manufacturing resources, including equipment and labor resources to efficiently achieve manufacturing goals as defined by internal and external customer expectations. Responsible for distribution of finished goods. Addresses conflicts and constraints in manufacturing to achieve highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects.
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently; receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meetings objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experiences colleagues
- Bachelor Degree, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience
- Proficient in Microsoft office
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Manufacturing background
- Knowledge of SAP or other ERP planning experience
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Data Analysis experience
Works to understand complex functional situations by paying attention to the details of the tasks at hand and by breaking them down into smaller pieces.
- Identifies data requirements, often beyond the standard and collects all relevant data needed to analyze a complex problem, situation or issue
- Applies hypotheses and an understanding of cause and effect when analyzing a complex process, situation or issue or discerning data patterns
- Identifies advanced implications/conclusions from the logical analysis of a complex situation or issue
Building Collaborative Relationships:
Collaborates with others and builds strategic alliances globally; negotiates to build broad-based support and/or persuades others in order to influence important outcomes.
- Gathers support from colleagues and/or other key partners to influence stakeholders as necessary
- Strives to understand others’ opinions and build agreement among team members; utilizes others’ idea and suggestions to shape solutions
- Continually expands internal network to include additional key partners; begins to build external networks with key groups
Ensures that clients have a positive experience; commits to meet or exceed client expectations
- Demonstrates a commitment to meeting service expectations or fulfilling service agreements; consistently meets customers’ needs
- Displays honest empathy regarding customers’ concerns and issues; determines customer’s needs and expectations and responds accordingly
- Adopts customers’ perspectives in order to understand their expectations; makes decision in accordance with customer perspectives and cultural sensitivities
Identifies Opportunities to improve efficiency while providing flawless transactions and services; manages monetary assets and other resources to optimize cost effectiveness
- Tracks resource utilization and ensures that usage complies with budgets and protocols; identifies areas of concern
- Recognizes unnecessary workflow steps and identifies synergies among processes to improve productivity; eliminates non-value added tasks
- Maintains a strong focus on delivering high quality work; holds self to high quality standards
Results Measurement and Commitment:
Measures and evaluates the effectiveness of protocols, programs or deliverables; compares measurement results to standards and takes immediate action to close gaps identified.
- Uses available tools to identify shortcomings in protocols, programs or deliverables; participates in cross business teams to gather input on service
- Performs comprehensive studies of measurements against budgets and objectives; suggest improvements based on knowledge of best practices
- Assists in initiating process changes; collects follow-up data to determine if implemented improvements meet expected outcomes
- Demonstrates advanced experience and knowledge in forecasting, scheduling and planning
- Demonstrates understanding of business processes and product flow in the supply chain network
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of statistical techniques
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of annual budgeting process
- Creates a master schedule with medium-to-high complexity
- Drives forecasting process in collaboration with other functions
- Draws conclusions from data and presents recommended solutions
- Manages non-routine distribution situation with multiple channels on a global scale
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.