Job Number: 20022085
Location: Dublin, IR
Date Posted: 10-21-2017
Job Title: Category Manager, EMEA Third Party Logistics Services
What is expected of you for success in your role
• Collaborate with the internal business stakeholders (Operations, IT, Finance, Supply Chain, Commercial), cultivating support and ensuring that their requirements are represented
• Build strategic supplier management process, with strong contract compliance and performance metrics
• Be involved in strategic partner negotiation;
• Deliver on strategic, economic and quality goals; and
• Play a key role in Sourcing initiatives designed to improve Cardinal Health’s operating efficiency, cost position and customer satisfaction.
• Identifies and acts on opportunities for continuous improvement.
• Encourages prudent risk taking, exploration of alternative approaches and organizational learning.
• Demonstrates personal commitment to change through actions and words.
• Mobilizes others to support change through times of stress and uncertainty.
• The ideal candidate will be a highly accountable, action-oriented with an ability to work collaboratively with multi-faceted teams within a matrixed organization.
Accountabilities in this role
• Develops vendor strategy and strategic plans that meet the needs of the organization and business stakeholders
• Incorporates into the plans business priorities, strategies, goals, opportunities analysis, industry trends and economic viability.
• Value Management – Spend Analysis, cost optimization and contractual productivity measurement
• Performance Management - Service delivery, service improvement plans (SIP), supplier compliance and benchmarks. Manage daily supplier issue resolution
• Relationship Management - Supplier strategy, supplier interaction, business alignment, supplier governance
• Develop strong relationships with strategic logistics providers
• Develop professional relationships with key stakeholders to help refine overall vendor management strategies and ongoing vendor performance and governance
• Build and maintain effective and influential relationships within Operations / IT / Finance / Quality and Legal
• Financial Management - Spend analytics, supplier financial performance management, supplier / customer satisfaction
• Contracts review and analysis, transactional support governance
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in business, logistics, finance or other relevant field demonstrating increasingly responsible related work experience.
• 5+ years of Logistics industry experience
• 6+ years of experience in strategic sourcing, procurement, and vendor management functions; in addition, direct or indirect experience working in Logistics services areas preferred.
• Expertise in freight, distribution, warehousing, strategic logistics services providers in medical or pharma industry preferred
• Expertise in logistics contracts
• Strong problem-solving and leadership skills
• Proven ability to build relationships and gain credibility across functions
• Experience with various sourcing and procurement tools (i.e. Procure to Pay systems, vendor score carding and reporting, etc.)
• Experience and knowledge of change management principles and methodologies
• Ability to clearly communicate strategy, plans and issues across the organization
• Strong analytical and interpretive skills to recognize and comprehend complex issues, policies, regulatory requirements and industry information affecting client’s environment
• Demonstrated business and financial acumen with an analytical approach to overseeing IT categories
• Inspirational and influential leader with effective team management experiences
• Innovative, strategic and futuristic mindset
• Significant track record in the negotiation of logistics contracts with strategic and portfolio suppliers
• Ability to set and execute on targets; balancing short-term business needs with longer term strategies
• Strong leadership capability, executing as appropriate in the areas of responsibility
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to establish rapport and persuade others
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply, your internet browser must be Internet Explorer Version 9 or above, FireFox, Safari or Chrome. If your current browser is Internet Explorer 8 or below, please upgrade your browser before applying