Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (CAH) is a $103 billion health care services company that improves the cost-effectiveness of health care. As the business behind health care, Cardinal Health helps pharmacies, hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, clinical laboratories and physician offices focus on patient care while reducing costs, enhancing efficiency and improving quality. Cardinal Health is an essential link in the health care supply chain, providing pharmaceuticals and medical products and services to more than 100,000 locations each day and is also the industry-leading direct-to-home medical supplies distributor. The company is a leading manufacturer of medical and surgical products, including gloves, surgical apparel and fluid management products. In addition, the company operates the nation's largest network of radiopharmacies that dispense products to aid in the early diagnosis and treatment of disease. Ranked #26 on the Fortune 500, Cardinal Health employs nearly 35,000 people worldwide. More information about the company may be found at www.cardinalhealth.com and @CardinalHealth on Twitter.
Provide analytical and technical Supply Chain support for your assigned product portfolio. While working independently, performs Supply Chain activities, which may include demand planning, supply planning, and inventory management. Including but not restricted to:
- Provide analytical, data gathering and planning support for an assigned product group;
- Perform data gathering and analysis activities in selected areas, such as supply planning, demand planning, life cycle management, customer inventory management and allocation;
- Supply Chain Analysts will work independently, expected to develop preliminary recommendations and manage projects or product launches.
RESPONSIBILITIES and ACCOUNTABILITES
- Maintain updated historic demand information and promotional plans;
- Build month product volume forecasts based on historical demand information (or statistical model) & Marketing intelligence (Phase in, phase out, future promotional plans) & product mix forecasts based on historical mix information and marketing information;
- Load and maintain product forecasts in the Planning System;
- Prepare Demand S&OP (Sales&Operations) meetings.
- Target setting: Support inventory target setting based on demand and variability;
- Production planning: with plant, understand impact of supply situation on inventory and service levels;
- Capacity planning: support capacity analysis with FG inventory & service implications;
- Participate/lead in weekly manufacturing plan meetings and raise issues;
- Works closely with Supply Chain Manager in Supply S&OP meetings.
- Support global allocation policy definition with analyses as required and support analysis of exceptions;
- Prepare for Supply Chain Alignment meetings (Executive S&OP meetings).
Life cycle management
- Work with Marketing to develop SKU-level forecast;
- Conduct scenario-based analyses to evaluate launch options and develop contingency plans;
- Support operations in capacity planning analyses;
- Calculate optimal initial stock levels and phase-out plans.
Inventory management & allocation
- Meet inventory targets;
- Define optimal network strategy;
- Monitor customer inventory levels as reported by field;
- Work with countries to develop & maintain country warehouse and customer consignment inventory targets based on historic demand & total available market size;
- Work with marketing groups to make customer allocation decisions by analyzing historic demand, available supply and customer prioritization.
- Conduct historic performance analysis & one-off root cause & scenario analyses as required
- Involved in trouble shooting and problem solving for process issues
- Participate in Supply Chain Business Planning
- Inventory level
Education and/or experience:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent industry experience is required; MBA is a plus.
- Must have a minimum of 5-10 years industry or consulting experience in Supply Chain management;
- Previous data analysis, demand and supply planning experience is required; system knowledge, IM skills, distribution and/or inventory management are helpful.
Other skills and abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to manage time against multiple projects and priorities, and have strong data analysis, problem solving, and decision-making ability;
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment, demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills and conducting presentations;
- Demonstrated ability to lead small to large projects and teams;
- Must have a high level of personal initiative and ability to function autonomously with a strong sense of urgency, self-confidence, and comfort with new and rapidly changing situations and environments;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Access, PowerPoint) is required; and Supply Chain systems experience;
- ERP (JD Edwards / SAP) and SQL is a plus.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.